This ½ day session is designed to empower staff with the safe principles on establishing successful intra-vascular access. It includes how to assess a patient for intra-vascular access, identifying the correct site for insertion, choosing the correct needle, insertion of the needle, flushing the device once sited, maintaining patient comfort when appropriate and monitoring the device.
This course is suitable for all staff within the following areas:
- Critical Care Outreach Service
- Acute Response Team
- Theatre Staff (ALS Providers)
- Accident and Emergency Staff (ALS Providers)
- Intensive Care Unit Staff (ALS Providers)
- Senior Medical Staff who make up part of the CRASH Team (ALS Provider)
- Paediatric Unit Staff (EPALS Provider)
- Doctors who carry the crash bleep in response to 2222 calls.
During the session, candidates will complete simulation practical training and be issued with a Clinical Assessment Competency Sheet. Once all 5 clinical insertions have been signed off and the Sheet returned to the Resuscitation Department the candidate will be certificated with EZ-IO Provider valid for 1 year.
The EZ IO Provider must return evidence of all clinical insertions (post certification) to the Resuscitation Team for inputting onto the electronic clinical database.
If you would like to book onto a course please complete an application form.
Training Dates for 2020 – Please click here contact
a Resuscitation Officer by email
Internal candidates: Free
External Candidates: £75.00