The Government has said that it hopes that early conciliation will encourage employees and employers to resolve disputes outside the Employment Tribunal system, saving them time and money (and reducing demand on Employment Tribunals).
Early conciliation will be mandatory from 6 May 2014 for most Employment Tribunal claims.
- From 6 May 2014 onwards, an employee will not be able to submit an Employment Tribunal claim without an "early conciliation certificate" showing that the claim has been submitted to the early conciliation process.
- Acas have produced a leaflet explaining the process.
- If you are a line manager and are contacted by Acas please refer to the guidance for line managers.
- Acas Leaflet on Early Conciliation
- Early Conciliation - Guidance for Line Managers
- Acas Early Conciliation