Recruiting Managers and the HR Recruitment Team must carry out all of the following checks on all documentation:
- Check photographs, where available, to satisfy yourself that they are consistent with the appearance of the individual
- Check that the date of birth is consistent with the individual’s identity documents and the appearance of the applicant.
- Check that expiry dates of limited leave to enter or remain in the UK are still valid
- Check any government stamps or endorsements to ensure the individual is entitled to do the work being offered
- If the applicant provides you with documents that have different names you must request further documentation to explain the reason for this (marriage, civil partnership certificate, divorce certificate, deed poll, adoption certificate or statute declaration)
- Dates must be cross-referenced with identity documents and work permits, or confirmed by contacting appropriate embassies and consulates.