Staff Benefits & Expenses FAQs

Can I have a salary sacrifice computer?

As long as you have a permanent contract and the salary sacrifice does not take you below minimum wage, then yes you can apply for a salary sacrifice computer.

How do I apply for childcare vouchers?

You can apply for the vouchers directly through a company called Fideliti using the Employee Information booklet.

How often do I have to claim my expenses?

You should enter you expenses on a monthly basis, submitting one claim per month. You must claim for any expenses within 3 months – otherwise you will not be able to have these costs reimbursed..

I am a new starter, how do I access the e-expenses system?

You should already have an expense account set up and you can get all the information you need through the Claimant User Guide.

If you have trouble logging in, please contact your payroll officer.

I have changed my work car. How do I update my car details?

You will need to complete a change of vehicle details form, and return to the Remuneration and Benefits Officer Manager.

I have forgotten my e-expenses password. How can I reset it?

You will need to contact your payroll officer who will reset your password for you.

My application for a salary sacrifice car has been rejected. What is the reason for this?

There are certain criteria that you must meet in order to qualify for a salary sacrifice car.

  • You must have been employed by the trust for a period of 12 months.
  • You must have a permanent contract with the NHS.
  • The salary sacrifice amount must also not take your gross pay below the National Minimum wage.

When I click the submit button on my expenses form, nothing happens. How can I resolve this?

If the submit button is grey (it is usually green), you may have some violations on your claim, which are stopping you from submitting.

Open up the claim and look for any violations which will be highlighted in red. Make the necessary amendments and save the claim. You should now be able to submit your claim.