The resuscitation department is a fast paced clinical and educational service. We offer educational support and cover all aspects of resuscitation training for the Adult, Paediatric and Newborn groups in basic through to advanced techniques. The Clinical Resuscitation Officers also make up part of the core group of responders for all 2222 emergency calls throughout our organisation in all specialities to include Trauma and Major Haemorrhage.
We offer locally approved and accredited courses for all our workforce and specifically target our clinical staff with a minimum expectation of level II within the core skills framework as mandatory.
We are a nationally and internationally recognised centre for the following accredited courses, endorsed by the Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Advanced Life Support Recertification (ALSr)
- Immediate Life Support (ILS)
- Immediate Life Support Recertification (ILSr)
- European Paediatric Advanced Life Support (EPALS)
- European Paediatric Advanced Life Support Recertification (EPALSr)
- Paediatric Immediate Life Support (pILS)
- Paediatric Immediate Life Support Recertification (pILSr)
- Newborn Life Support (NLS)
We offer additional skills to our workforce by locally delivering courses that are relevant to the clinical needs of our patient/service users and these range in the following specialities:
- Core Skills Framework (Adult BLS) Level I
- Core Skills Framework (Adult BLS) Level II
- Core Skills Framework (Paediatric BLS) Level II
- Core Skills Framework (Newborn BLS) Level II
- Health Care Assistant & Security Defibrillation Training
- Basic Life Support Instructors Course
- Intermediate Airway Course (up to supragliottic airway device)
- Intravascular Access Training (EZ-IO)
- Basic Life Support & Medical Emergency Training (Community & Dental)
- Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR) for front line staff (monthly)
We also have a invested presence in C-Spine immobilisation training, DNACPR Simulation and Trauma Immediate Life Support training which, are held in our modern and progressive Simulation Centre on site here at the hospital.