On December 1st 2007 we became an NHS Foundation Trust. This means that we are now accountable to our local community and enables us to strengthen links between our hospitals and you.
One of the most important features of an NHS Foundation Trust is the establishment of a Membership. We currently have approximately 5,500 public members and we hope that many more local people and hospital users will join us, to ensure our membership is reflective of the community we serve.
Becoming a member
Complete an Online Form here.
You may become a member of the Trust if:
- you live in our catchment areas of Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre or Lancashire and Cumbria
- you are aged 12 or over.
Membership is free of charge, and upon registering as a member you will have the opportunity to have your voice heard, and help make a real difference in helping us shape the future of the Trust. Your level of involvement is entirely up to you.
You can become a member by either:
- Contacting the Membership and Governors Officer on 01253 956673, who can make you a member over the phone, or send you an application form;
- Printing off, completing and posting a Membership Form to:
Membership and Governors Officer
Foundation Trust Membership Office
First Floor Offices, Main Entrance
Blackpool Victoria Hospital
Whinney Heys Road
- You can complete an Online Form here.
- Requesting a form by email: Contact us
Our members enjoy the following benefits:
- Remain up-to-date with news, developments and events taking place at our hospitals
- Receive invitations to attend exclusive members only events, including our monthly seminars on health-related topics
- Have the opportunity to have their say regarding our hospital services and future developments
- Vote for who they want as their local Governor, whose responsibility it is to represent our members and our local community, or they may stand as a Governor themselves
- Receive discount at “The Restaurant” at Blackpool Victoria Hospital on production of your membership card.
Our members receive regular information to help them remain up-to-date with what is happening at the Trust by way of our ‘Your Health’ newsletter. Members can participate in consultations and find out what seminars are taking place. Our current and previous newsletters can be viewed online.
Members Events / Seminars
Our members are invited to bi-monthly members’ only events where they can find out more about what goes on at our hospitals. If you wish to attend any events, bookings must be made in advance by calling the Membership and Governors Officer on 01253 956673 or email providing your full name, details of the event that you wish to attend and a contact telephone number.
Details of forthcoming seminars are available online.
Membership Strategy Document
Members Discount Card
As a member you will receive a discount card, which entitles you to a discount at “The Restaurant” at Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
NHS Discounts for Foundation Trust members
Great news for Foundation Trust members – anyone who is a member of Blackpool Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust can now benefit from the NHS Discounts scheme which has previously only been available to NHS staff. All you need to do to start enjoying the benefit of the NHS Discounts scheme is to visit their website at www.healthservicediscounts.com, click ‘register now’ and fill in the form which has a section for Foundation Trust members. Enjoy!
If you no longer wish to be a member of the Trust, please complete this form: