A Taster is a period of time, up to 5 days total, spent in a Specialty in which a Trainee has not or will not work as part of their scheduled Track placement, which enables the development of insight into the work of the Specialty and which promotes careers reflection.
- Taster days will be subtracted from your 30 day FY2 Study Leave allocation (20 of which are for the internal teaching programme)
- The five days can be split over a few specialties
- Specialties offer structured Taster Day schedule templates
- On-site or local placements should be chosen where possible
- FY1s can only take Taster Days during their third placement