- From the beginning of ST1 you will have an Educational Supervisor. This is normally your HENW approved trainer in your general practice year ie ST3
- All the Trainers are members of the local Blackpool Trainers Group but in addition under the care of the HENW and attend HENW training updates.
- They will review your training and experience over your 3 years training.
- You will need to meet with your Educational Supervisor for 6 monthly reviews.
- They will need to approve any study leave.
- Please make contact with your Educational Supervisor in your first month. It is your responsibility to make contact and arrange reviews.
- It is suggested that during each year you spend some time in your training practice. For this you will need to apply for study leave using the form in the normal way.
- Your Educational Supervisor/Trainer will be based at a local HENW approved training practice. This may be town based in Blackpool, Cleveleys, Fleetwood and Lytham or perhaps rural in Kirkham or Great Eccleston.
What is a Clinical Supervisor?
During each 6 month ST1 and ST2 post you will have a clinical supervisor in addition to your educational supervisor.
- Responsible for teaching and supervising the trainee in an individual attachment.
- Involved in work based assessments.
- Clinical Supervisors’ reports.
Specialty General Practice Training Programme ST1/ST2
- Wednesday afternoon, 2-5pm as programme
- Attendance compulsory. The course is for your benefit, please let us know if you cannot attend for any reason. We also want to improve the course and we value and use your feedback.
- You are required to inform Yvonne Coyle if unable to attend for any reason eg. departmental commitments/annual leave, etc.