Specialty Trainees can choose to work in a wide variety of specialty departments, whilst they build on the skills gained in the Foundation Programme and progress in their career.
At Blackpool we offer training posts in a variety of specialties, for information on the application & recruitment process for Specialty Training, please see the HEE Website here: https://specialtytraining.hee.nhs.uk/
If you choose to complete your Specialty Training at Blackpool, we offer excellent training facilities and support such as:
- Medical Education Team on site, to support you whilst you are here. Including a dedicated Specialty Trainee Administrator, based in the Education Centre.
- Purpose built Simulation & Clinical Skills Centre with a highly skilled training team
- All Specialty Trainees are assigned an Educational and Clinical Supervisor for the duration of their training at Blackpool.
- Purpose built Medical Education Centre
- The quality accredited library is available 24/7 for access to education and evidence based resources
- Meeting rooms and lecture theatre for trainee use
- Onsite training courses – ALERT, BLS, PILS, ILS, NLS
- Clinical meetings, MDTs & Weekly Grand Rounds
- Equipped teaching rooms on wards and departments
For any queries, our Specialty Trainee Administrator is based at the Medical Education Centre.