Urology is a busy specialty with elective admissions each year. There are 4 Consultant Urologists and 3 Senior Urologists who sub-specialise in urodynamics.
FY1 Trainees will have the opportunity to gain experience in:
- Catheterization of the patient
- Simple operations
- Venous cannulation and setting up of infusion.
- Daily post-take ward rounds with senior Urologists
- Teaching ward rounds
- Directorate audit meetings
- Surgical on call shift system
- Attendance at the mandatory Foundation Teaching Programme