There are currently 13 practices from across the Fylde Coast taking part in the Foundation Programme, ranging from rural outposts to inner city practices.
As with your Educational and Clinical Supervisors, the GP supervisors are trained and accredited. The Practice will also receive an on-site visit from the Associate GP Dean from the GP school, a review after their first year and subsequently every 1-3 years.
As an FY2 in Practice your duties will include:
- History taking, investigation and management of patients under close supervision.
- Understand the principles of Primary Care and interface with Secondary Care.
- Community pharmacy
- Liaise with Primary Care Team
- Attendance at Practice Teaching sessions
- Attendance at the mandatory Foundation Teaching Programme