The Accident & Emergency Department at Blackpool Victoria Hospital has four Consultant staff and is one of the busiest A&E departments in the country.
It provides a full range of services for the 330,000 residents of Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde and the 16 million annual visitors to the resort. The department sees over 90,000 patients each year.
- Preponderance of medical emergencies, rather than Trauma
- Good exposure to the critically ill patient, their assessment and management
- Work in the dedicated Paediatric Area
- Attendance at Directorate Audit meetings
- Rolling teaching programme, at which all staff are expected to contribute
- Attendance at the mandatory Foundation Teaching Programme
- Participate in the Junior Doctor Rota with Middle grade supervision
- Regional level induction for Accident and Emergency medicine