Our comprehensive Foundation Induction runs for two weeks prior to your first working day.
The itinerary is designed to:
- Smooth the transition from University to Hospital
- Provide on-ward experience of your three FY1 placements
- Complete Clinical Skills training
- Complete mandatory Corporate Induction modules
- Complete mandatory HENW e-induction modules
- Introduce you to the team hosting and supporting your training
- Meet your fellow FY1s and FY2s socially
Some Trusts only offer the minimum mandatory Foundation Induction. Our Trust offers an extended two week Induction period, which includes non-compulsory and compulsory Shadowing opportunities.
You are not required under the Terms of Employment to attend any voluntary period offered, but attendance is strongly recommended to ensure you are at the same training level as your fellow FY1s on day one of working. Previous experience of FY1s who fail to attend the full two week period will result in the trainee playing catch up during the first few weeks.
Our 2019 FY1 Induction Programme is as follows:
NOTE: Thursday 1st August and Friday 2nd August are mandatory Paid Induction days, the following week begins with 2 mandatory, paid, shadowing days (5th & 6th August).