The Children’s Speech and Language Therapy service operates an open referral system, meaning we accept referrals from any professional working with a child and also from parents themselves.
There are two ways you can access our service, depending on your concerns. Either via our telephone advice line, or by completing a referral for assessment.
Telephone advice line
We can offer a 15 minute telephone appointment with a speech and language therapist. We would recommend you request one of these appointments if you:
- Are unsure whether you need to be concerned and would like some advice
- Have noticed that others don’t always understand what your child is saying
- Have noticed that your child isn’t saying quite as much as other children their age
- Have noticed that your child has started to stammer sometimes
- Would like some general advice
To request a telephone advice appointment, please telephone 01253 951101 or email email@example.com . Please include your contact number, name of your child, and let us know that you are requesting a telephone advice appointment.