Health bosses in Fylde and Wyre are encouraging people to use their local Pharmacy+ Clinic to treat minor illnesses this Easter instead of making a GP appointment.
Twenty eight pharmacies across Fleetwood, Thornton, Cleveleys, Poulton, Lytham, St Annes, Kirkham, Wesham and Freckleton currently offer the service. A list of pharmacies providing the service can be found at www.pharmacyplus.clinic or people can contact their GP practice for details of their nearest participating pharmacy.
Pharmacists are experts in medicines and minor ailments and can treat many common minor illnesses. Under the Pharmacy+ Clinic scheme, they will offer patients a confidential consultation before offering healthcare advice and medicines where appropriate.
Fleetwood GP and NHS Fylde and Wyre CCG vice chair, Dr Adam Janjua, said: “The Pharmacy+ Clinic scheme has been designed to allow local people to get the right advice and treatment for minor illnesses in the quickest and most convenient way.
“Seeing a pharmacist for minor illnesses like coughs and colds will mean GPs have more time to see patients with more serious and complicated illnesses. With that in mind, I would ask people to consider using a Pharmacy+ Clinic if they have a minor illness instead of making an appointment to see a doctor or nurse.”
Any patient registered with a GP in Fylde and Wyre can use the scheme, although children under 16 should have a parent, guardian or carer with them when they speak to the pharmacist. Patients who don’t normally pay for prescriptions won’t have to pay for medication under the scheme.
For pharmacy Easter opening times please visit www.pharmacyplus.clinic
The following pharmacies are currently signed up to the scheme:
· Warburtons Chemist, Lord St, Fleetwood
· Boots, Lord St, Fleetwood
· O’Briens Pharmacy, Fleetwood Health and Wellbeing Centre, Dock Street
· Albert Wilde Pharmacy, West View Health Village, Broadway
|Kirkham and Wesham Neighbourhood
· Well Pharmacy, Market Square, Kirkham
· Well Pharmacy, Moor Street, Kirkham
· Whitworth Chemist, Church Street, Kirkham
· Wesham Pharmacy, Station Road, Wesham
|Wyre Integrated Neighbourhood
· Lloyds Pharmacy, Breck Road, Poulton
· Well Pharmacy, Church Street, Poulton
· Lloyds Pharmacy, Teanlowe Centre, Poulton
· Carleton Pharmacy, Poulton Road, Carleton
· Lloyds Pharmacy, Victoria Road East, Thornton
· Lloyds Pharmacy, Thornton Medical Centre, Church Road
· Boots, Victoria Road West, Cleveleys
· Lloyds Pharmacy, Wyre View, Knott End
· Hambleton Pharmacy, Kiln Lane, Hambleton,
· Boots, Rossall Road, Thornton Cleveleys
|Lytham, St Annes and Ansdell Neighbourhood
· Well Pharmacy, Douglas Drive Health Centre, Freckleton
· Cohens Chemist, Highbury Road East, St Annes
· Cohens Chemist, St Annes Health Centre, Durham Avenue
· Boots, Clifton Street, Lytham
· St Annes Pharmacy, St Annes Road, St Annes
· Alexandria Pharmacy, Alexandria Drive, St Annes
· Rowlands Pharmacy, Wood Street, St Annes
· Smiths Pharmacy, Warton Street, Lytham
· Windmill Pharmacy, Lytham Primary Care Centre, Warton Street
· Cohens Chemist, Whalley Place, St Annes
- NHS Fylde and Wyre Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is the organisation responsible for planning and buying health services in the area to meet patients’ needs. This is known as ‘commissioning’.
- Led by family doctors (GPs), the CCG currently serves a population of 152,000 people across approximately 320 sq km of coast and countryside. The majority live in the urban towns of Fleetwood, Thornton, Poulton-le-Fylde, Kirkham and Lytham St Annes, but a significant proportion live in rural villages.
- The CCG receives a set amount of money from the government and is committed to spending this wisely for the benefit of local people.
- Giving you more choice is a priority of the modern NHS. More information is available at fyldeandwyreccg.nhs.uk/choice
- The NHS Constitution sets out your rights as an NHS patient: nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rightsandpledges/NHSConstitution/Pages/Overview.aspx
- There are many ways to get involved in health service developments, including joining our Influence membership scheme or your practice’s patient participation group.
- For more information about the CCG and how to get involved log onto fyldeandwyreccg.nhs.uk