Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust ID No. CORP/POL/107,
I understand that as an employee of the Trust I am bound by a legal duty of confidence to protect any personal information that I come into contact with during the course of my work. I also understand that I am also expected to treat any non-person identifiable information that could be considered sensitive to the business of the Trust with the same degree of care.
I will not at any time during my employment or afterwards disclose to any person/organisation (including distributors, firms or companies otherwise connected with the Trust):
- Personal Information regarding patients (including prospective patients), staff (in connection with their employment).
- Corporate information relating to the business, dealings, accounts, finances, trading, software, know-how, affairs of the Trust.
Unless I have the authority to do so and only within the confines of the Law and local Trust Policy, Procedure and Guidance. This includes but is not limited to:
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- General Data Protection Regulation
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000
- The Human Rights Act 2000
- The Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- The Access to Health Records Act 1990
- Access to Medical Reports Act 1998
- Confidentiality Code of Conduct Policy (CORP/POL/107)
All notes, memoranda, records and other documents created/used by me during the course of my duties for the Trust shall remain the property of the Trust and shall be handed over by me to the Trust from time to time on demand and, in any event, upon termination of my employment.
I understand that any breach of this Code of Conduct may constitute a disciplinary offence that could result in disciplinary action being taken. The outcome of such action could be regarded as gross misconduct and lead to dismissal. Any breach of this Code of Conduct after my employment has ended may result in legal action being taken.