Being in hospital, or caring for someone who is having treatment, can be a difficult, confusing, and stressful time.
Our Patient Relations team provide free, confidential, on-the-spot advice to help patients, relatives and their carers resolve any concerns that they may have about the care provided by Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, or Lancashire Care NHS Trust.
This easy to access service will:
- Help you identify the key points of your concerns
- Help you identify how you would like your concerns resolved
- Provide information about organisations that can advise, represent and support you
- Liaise with Trust staff on your behalf or refer you promptly to the most appropriate person on a ward/clinic area
- Facilitate meetings with staff when required
- Provide information on NHS services, medical conditions and outside agencies
- Advise you how to make a formal complaint and identify independent advocacy and support available