The role of a Wheelchair Distributor is to enhance the patient experience by ensuring each of the main entrances has a steady flow of wheelchairs. Wheelchair Distributors will assist the portering team by pushing empty wheelchairs to each of the main entrances around the hospital.
The role may include some or all of the following activities:
• Walking around the hospital pushing empty wheelchairs and distributing them across the Hospital site as and where needed.
• Offering a smile to everyone
• Promoting a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
• Providing information on local amenities such as toilets, restaurants, public transport and car parking areas.
• Demonstrating respect and sensitivity to all individuals and ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Justin Emery, Portering Manager said: “Having wheelchairs at each of the main entrances to the hospital can really help make someone’s experience of arriving to the hospital positive. If you would like to join our team we would be delighted to hear from you.”
We are currently recruiting new volunteers within many of our voluntary groups. If you would like to express an interest in volunteering with us, or you require any further information, please check our Volunteer Vacancies page.