The role of a PLACE Support Volunteer is to enhance the patient experience by carrying out audits on the wards, departments and areas. These audits are specifically related to improving the environment / services for our patients which are linked to national PLACE audits.
The role may include some or all of the following activities:
- Audits of the clinical food service at ward levels
- Patient satisfaction audits with regard to the environment or services provided from facilities
- Volunteer member of mini PLACE assessments as a patient representative
- Volunteer member of annual PLACE assessments as a patient representative
- Environmental audits in public areas/entrances
- Audits within the main entrance associated with car parking, travel and healthy eating
PLACE Support volunteers will be asked to commit to a minimum of one shift per week (1/2 hours) There are no specific times required other than commitment over food service times if completing food audits, (Breakfast 8.00am to 9.30am, Lunch 11.30 to 1.00pm, Supper 4.30 to 6.00pm).
We are currently recruiting new volunteers within many of our voluntary groups. If you would like to express an interest in volunteering with us, or you require any further information, please check our Volunteer Vacancies page..