The purpose of the Influence Panel is to create a patient voice through building constructive working relationships with our service users to ensure a broad range of patient views are reflected in practice development and operations.
Key Areas of Support
- To positively promote patient and public partnership by valuing the contribution of each Panel Member.
- To provide the perspective of patients and the public and to present the patients’ and public’s perception of services within the Trust at Trust Committees.
- To work in partnership with the Trust to develop the quality of Trust services from the perspective of the patient.
- To become involved in and influence Trust Policies as they develop and change.
- To work in partnership with the Trust in determining priorities for patient surveys and focus groups.
- To support and influence the development of patient information within the Trust.
- To provide a forum for Influence Panel Members to meet within the Trust.
- To work concurrently with other patient and public involvement groups/ activities that are taking place within the Trust so that patients and carers are able to.
- To work within the remit of the signed contract identifying what is expected of a panel member.