LSOS is the Local Obesity Specialist Service for people living in Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde. Made up of Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Health Psychology, Consultant, Physiotherapy and administrative support, our aim is to help people with their weight and health issues.
Patients who meet the following criteria can ask their GP or other health care professional for a referral to our team for weight management intervention.
- Aged 16 +
- Body Mass Index (BMI) ≥ 40 or ≥ 35 with additional health conditions
Health conditions list includes:
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Difficult to control hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Difficult to control dyslipidaemia (high cholesterol)
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Chronic joint pain (e.g due to osteoarthritis)
- Infertility (after exclusion of other causes)
- Psychological problems, such as depression related to obesity.
Referral and Contact Information
Referred patients will be invited to attend an initial assessment appointment with a Dietitian, where the service will be explained. The appointment will last for approximately one hour which will involve completing assessment forms regarding life style, mental health wellbeing, eating behaviours and anxiety.
Tel: 01253 958100