Having a long-term condition such as Long Covid can affect all areas of our life, not just our physical health. Supporting Minds is now providing a new service to help people with Long Covid maintain the best possible health and wellbeing. We are working together with Long Covid clinics as part of efforts to mitigate the impact of the pandemic.
For some people, coronavirus (COVID-19) can cause symptoms that last weeks or months after the infection has gone. This is sometimes called post-COVID-19 syndrome or “long COVID” (NHS England).
Common long COVID symptoms include:
- extreme tiredness (fatigue)
- problems with memory and concentration (“brain fog”)
- difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- heart palpitations
- depression and anxiety
How can we help?
Whether you have been diagnosed recently or have been living with Long Covid for a while, it can have a huge effect on day to day life. People with long-term health conditions sometimes struggle with:
- Getting to regular appointments to keep a check on their health
- Not being as active as they once were
- Feeling panicky or anxious when experiencing breathlessness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feeling tired and a lack of energy
- Worry about their condition, or things getting worse
- Feeling low in mood, and “down in the dumps”
- Feeling frustrated and angry about how to manage their condition
If any of this sounds relevant to you, we may be able to help you improve your mood, worry less, and gain more motivation.