Your hospital appointment can be worrying and the staff will do everything they can to make you feel comfortable and keep you informed.
The Trust will always seek to:
- Treat you as an individual
- Consider your rights and needs
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ensure maximum privacy
- Give you sufficient time
- Explain your condition and stages of your treatment
- Provide information about our services
- Keep waiting to a minimum
- Ensure that your visit goes smoothly
Everyone who works for the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. We ask you for information about yourself so that you can receive proper care and treatment. We keep this information, together with details of your care, because it may be needed if we see you again. If at any time you would like to know more about how we use your information, you should speak to the person in charge of your care.