Orthopaedics is a medical speciality that focuses on the body’s musculoskeletal system.
This includes bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and more. It’s this system which allows us to move, work and be active, which is why it’s vital to maintain its health in order to keep us moving.
The Orthopaedics team at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust offers a vital service and our team of consultants specialise in many different areas.
Specialist areas that our team focus on include:
- Paediatric Orthopaedic procedures
- Bunion/Hallux Valgus corrective surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery, including ankle replacements
- Tendon surgeries/tendon transfers
- Knee replacements
- Hip replacements
- Diabetic Foot Reconstructions
- Shoulder surgery, including shoulder replacements
- Sports injuries
- And more…
We understand that upcoming surgery can feel daunting, however we’ve spoken to previous patients who have kindly shared their positive experiences and we’ve complied their feedback for you to read on our Testimonials page.
You can also find further information about Orthopaedics on our Useful Links page.