BadgerNet is new to Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Trust as of June 2022. It has successfully been rolled out across other NHS Trusts and received positive feedback.
It is an electronic maternity healthcare record system which allows real-time recording of your maternity journey. It means your notes will be available wherever you are, such as in hospital or at a community midwife appointment, so we can access your notes quickly – no need for paper records. It also allows you to view your maternity records online via an online portal or app (BadgerNotes).
About BadgerNet and BadgerNotes
BadgerNotes lets you access your maternity records via the internet, either on PC, tablet devices or smart phones via an app. Once you’ve registered your pregnancy, your midwife/midwifery health trainer will give you all the details you need to register for your BadgerNotes account.
The information on there is generated in real-time from your hospital-based maternity system record, using details entered by your midwife or other health professionals involved in your care.
BadgerNotes lets you personalise your information, track your pregnancy journey with private and secure diary entries and photos, plus submit your thoughts or questions and create plans for your birth that your midwife can review at your appointments.
You can also view our hospital’s full library of pregnancy leaflets via the app, so you’ll always have access to relevant information.
BadgerNotes App Tour
The BadgerNoted app is easy to use and features lots of benefits. The video below will give you a tour of the app, show you the key features and demonstrate how to create an account, so you'll be ready to go once we go live:
Benefits of Using BadgerNotes
There are lots of benefits to using the paper-free BadgerNotes app during your pregnancy, including:
- Information can be shared with you directly from the maternity system
- Your records can easily be updated at each appointment or maternity visit
- It’s safe and secure – only those with the correct login details can access the notes
- You can update your own information, such as any allergies. This can then be discussed with your midwife at your next appointment
- Add your preferences and plans for birth
- Give your feedback regarding antenatal care, labour and birth experiences
Creating an Account
Once you’ve downloaded and opened the app, click ‘create an account’. To create your account, you’ll need the following:
- The passphrase given to you by your maternity team
- Your mobile phone to receive your verification text
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set a password (for logging in) and a PIN code (for quick access to your app while it is logged in)
Your First Appointment
Before your first booking appointment, it would be really helpful if you could enter some information into your record via BadgerNotes before attending:
- Log into BadgerNotes
- Select ‘My Personal Care Plan’
- Select the link in the Pre-Booking section and enter as much information as you can. This will give the midwife more time to spend with you to answer any questions while at your appointment
- Your midwife will check this information with you at the booking