The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service aim to provide equal access to good quality information and a range of services that provide holistic support to any patient with cancer, along with their relatives and carers in a safe and welcoming environment.
The Macmillan Information and Support Centre provide a confidential, drop-in service for anyone affected by cancer. The centre is staffed by the Macmillan information support manager, officer, assistant and volunteers.
They are open Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 16:00
- Literature on all aspects of living with cancer
- The opportunity to discuss treatments, side effects and other cancer related issues
- Information and support over the phone for those unable to access the service in person
- Access to a private room where you can talk to someone in confidence
- Home visits available for people unable to come to the hospital or local GP surgery
- Health needs assessments
They also provide:
- Links to clinical teams
- Links to local and national support services
- Referral to other available support services
- Signposting to self help and support groups
- Links to voluntary and statutory agencies
- Look Good Feel Better pampering workshops