The pharmacy department is situated on the main corridor of the hospital. It provides a comprehensive service to all hospitals within the Trust as well as a number of external organisations.
The department is open:
Monday – Sunday 8.45am – 5.00pm (excluding Christmas Day) and outside of these hours offers an on-call service.
The department can be contacted on Tel: 01253 953780
The department is responsible for the purchasing, storage, dispensing, distribution, transport and disposal of medicines at Blackpool Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The pharmacy department works with staff across the hospitals to make sure prescribing is safe and effective, and to advise patients about how best to manage their medicines. We aim to provide a high standard of pharmaceutical care to all users. This includes:
- The safe, timely and economic procurement and supply of drugs
- The safe, appropriate and cost effective use of drugs
In achieving these aims we will:
- Work within the framework of the law and professional guidance
- Strive to keep our knowledge and techniques up to date
- Encourage staff development
- Support teamwork and co-operation with others