The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides the public with access to information held by public authorities. The intention of this legislation is to encourage openness, trust and accountability.
To submit an FOI request to our Trust, please email us at:
Or, alternatively, send your request by post to:
Freedom of Information Manager
Information Governance Department
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Whinney Heys Road
Guidance on Making a Request under FOI
- An FOI request must be made in writing (this includes by email).
- A valid request must include your name and address (this can be an email address) for correspondence.
- Anyone may submit an FOI request.
- You do not need to give a reason why you want the information.
- You are required to provide us with any information which we reasonably require to locate the information. Please be specific about the information you would like, this will enable us to respond more quickly and provide a higher quality response.
- We acknowledge all FOI requests that we receive. Please contact us if you do not receive an acknowledgment of receipt.
- We aim to reply promptly to all FOI requests and are legally obliged to provide a response within 20 working days.
- Some information may be exempt from disclosure under the FOI Act. We will advise of any exemptions we have applied in our formal response.
- Personal information is exempt under FOI. Please see guidance here on submitting a subject access request under the Data Protection Act.