Listed below are a list of common hearing aid problems and their solutions. If you cannot solve the problem please attend in one of our hearing aid repair sessions.
Hearing aid not working at all
- Check that hearing aid is switched on.
- Replace the battery
- Check that the battery is in correctly
- Inspect the earmould for blockage of wax /water
- For body worn hearing aids check the cord is plugged in and in good condition.
Hearing aid whistling/feedback
- Make sure the earmould is in correctly
- Lower the volume on the hearing aid
- Earmould may be loose and new one needed
- Wax and ear infections can cause feedback
- Scarves and hats covering the hearing aid can cause feedback
Decreased volume / distorted sound
- Replace battery
- Check earmould for wax/moisture
Short battery life
- Always open the battery drawer fully when aid not in use
- Store new batteries away from heat and moisture
- If aid is whistling this will drain batteries faster
NB: Ear Syringing is available at the GP Led Walk-in Centre, within Whitegate Health Centre, every day – between 8am and 5.30pm, including weekends – no appointment necessary.
Please use the links below to download: