Being in hospital can be a difficult time for everyone, family, friends and patients, so its important we can try help as much as we can to encourage nutritional support in aid of recovery.
Listed below are a few things you can do to support your loved ones whilst in hospital:
- Encourage the importance of meal times as part of the patient care and treatment.
- Communicate with the patient and staff on progress with meals.
- Provide additional information on patients meal time routine at home.
- Help with eating and drinking if needed whilst visiting
- Provide likes and dislikes for food and drink to ward staff