If you or your loved ones aren't feeling well, find out which service is best placed to help you.
Your local pharmacy can provide expert, confidential advice and treatment without an appointment.
- Offer advice on treating minor ailments and injuries such as...
- Vomiting and diarrhoea
- Runny nose
- Headache flu-like symptoms
- Give advice on medication and whether you need to see your GP
- Help you manage certain long-term conditions
- Dispense medicine when you give them your prescription
- Dispense repeat prescriptions without the need to visit your GP
- Give sexual health and contraception advice
Don't forget to pick up your prescription before holidays start. Some GP surgeries and pharmacies will have amended opening hours, ask your practice for more information.
- A first-aid kit, including bandages, plasters, a thermometer, antiseptic, eyewash solution, sterile dressings, medical tape for dressings and tweezers
- Pain relief such as aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen for aches, pains and high temperatures
- Oral rehydration salts to replace lost minerals and fluid after a fever or vomiting and diarrhoea
- Anti-diarrhoea tablets to relieve symptoms of diarrhoea, although these will not help with the underlying cause
- Antihistamines which can help with allergies
- Indigestion relief remedies
Need further help? Find out how your local GP can help you...