Occupational and Physiotherapists are key members of the Intermediate Care team which is led by Blackpool Social Services.
Their aim is to provide time limited intensive rehabilitation for both residential and domiciliary clients who are Blackpool residents. Interventions include:
- Gait rehabilitation and walking aid provision
- Transfer practice eg. Bed/chair/toilet/bath
- Equipment provision as needed
- Recommendations for property adaptation as required
- Practice of everyday tasks
- Exercise programmes
- Falls management
- Postural advice and exercise
- Advice to families/carers
- Energy conservation
- Relaxation and confidence building
Staff liaise closely with their social care partners to ensure appropriate support is provided on discharge.
Blackpool Sites and Contact Details
Assessment and Rehabilitation Centre