What do Community Nurses Do?
- Provide holistic assessments and reassessments to housebound patients with nursing needs.
- Support patients at End of Life utilising recognised pathways.
- Utilise effective care pathways to support evidence based care.
- Reduce length of hospital stays by through supporting early discharge/prevent hospital admissions.
- Provide brief interventions to all patients.
- Provide treatment room activity in line with core services.
- Educate patients/carers to meet own health requirements.
The service is provided in patient’s homes (caravans, hotels, residential and nursing homes, and homeless hostels etc), GP practices, Blackpool health centres/clinics, Bridge Project.