‘Registered Dietitians are qualified and regulated health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems at an individual and wider public-health level.’ (BDA The Association of UK Dietitians)
Dietitians use the most up-to-date public health and evidence based scientific research on food, health and disease.
They translate this into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
Dietitians are registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC), the official body who regulate health professionals and protect the public.
What Our Service Provides
– Patient Dietetic Consultations via telephone, video or face to face in a clinic setting. We also offer a home visit service for patients whom are housebound or resident of a Nursing Home or Care Home
– Interactive Patient Group Education
– Interactive Staff Training on all aspects of Nutrition
– Local Obesity Specialist Service (LSOS)
– Diabetes Specialist Service
– Community Home Enteral Feeding (HEF) Specialist Service
– Nursing and Care Home Support
As a department we are passionate and committed to improving patient care, so all Community Dietitians and Assistant Practitioners engage and participate in Group or 1:1 Clinical Supervision every month