Click on links below.
Please click on the link below for further Facts on Alcohol:
This Food Factsheet is a public service of The British Dietetic Association (BDA) intended for information only. It is not a substitute for proper medical diagnosis or dietary advice given by a Dietitian
Alcohol and drug related support
Stopping smoking has many benefits for your health and mental wellbeing:
- More energy to exercise due to improved circulation
- Financial – average ex-smokers can save over £1,300 a year!
- Stress levels are lowered and anxiety levels drop just one week after quitting
- Bad breath, stained teeth and gum disease become a thing of the past
- Sense of taste and smell improves
- Your facial appearance (wrinkles and pallor) improves in the first month
- Life expectancy increases by up to 10 years
- Your lung capacity improves by up to 10% within nine months, allowing you to
breathe more easily
- Fertility improves and likelihood of miscarriage reduces
Stopping smoking is one of the best things you’ll ever do for your
health. It is never too late to quit.
If you can make it to 28 days smoke-free, you’re 5 times more likely to quit for good
Smoking Cessation Support
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT & TALKING THERAPIES
Mental Health Support Lines