You will most likely see a number of different staff while you are in our care. The team may consist of:
- Medical oncologists – Doctors who treat cancer primarily with chemotherapy
- Clinical oncologists – Doctors who treat cancer with radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Surgical oncologists – Doctors who use surgery to treat cancer
- Radiologists – Doctors who specialise in X-ray tests/scans
- Pathologists – Doctors who specialise in identifying different types of cells using a microscope
- Clinical nurse specialists – Nurses with specific expertise in cancer
Depending on the type of cancer you have, you may see other staff such as dietitians, speech therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists. These people will all work together to provide you with the best possible care.