Dietitians are the only qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems for an individual to generate a care plan. Uniquely, they use the most up to date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
What is a Dietitian’s Role?
- Undertake nutrition and dietary assessments
- Work within a multi- disciplinary team
- Provide training to other health care professionals in nutritional support
- Devise and provide a care plan to meet individual needs and set nutritional goals
- Monitor an individuals process and response to the set care plan
- Help make life style changes to ensure better quality of life
- Educate and empower patient to make dietary changes to benefit symptom control.