June is Blue Skies Month!
Blue Skies Hospitals Fund is the charity of Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and is based at Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
This is your opportunity to have fun alongside supporting your local charity which uses funds raised to enhance care.
Head of Fundraising, Ann Hedley, said: “This June we are asking that you support your local charity.
“Why not do something fabulous to support us? You could hold a coffee morning, share a meal with friends in return for a donation, or get involved in one of our many events. The sky’s the limit so do something that you‘ve always wanted too or that you really enjoy and do some good at the same time.
“Any one of us could need the services of our Trust at any point, so it is a great cause to support. Please get in touch if you would like to help.”
“The charity’s aim is to banish the gloom of illness, allowing everyone to enjoy the blue skies of good health. It enhances patient care across all departments by raising money in a variety of different ways.
“Please get in touch if you would like to help.”
There are a variety of events throughout June that anyone can join in:
- Morecambe Bay Walk 4th June: Almost full!
- Abseil at Blackpool Victoria Hospital – being held on the Summer Solstice, Wednesday June 21st. There are still space for more people to join in.
- Change Through You boxes – request a box and collect your loose change throughout June! You could be a business, school or just for individuals. Fill with loose change which you can then return, pay into the bank or send in a cheque.
- Jim Frey Fishing Competition. June 17. Highfield Fisheries, Hambleton. Rod and reel only. Call 01253 953594.
- Power of Attorney – Ellen Fay Solicitors is offering free power of Attorney which can be activated when you need it in exchange for a donation to Blue Skies.
- White Collar Boxing – amateur boxers will fight it out at Viva, Blackpool on June 16, raising funds for Blue Skies Hospitals Fund in support of the Breast Cancer Unit.
- Homemade cake sale and tombola on the mezzanine June 28, 10-2
If you would like to help please contact the Blue Skies team on 01253 957381 or email Blueskies@bfwh.nhs.uk or you can donate here: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/BlueSkiesMonth
PICTURE CAPTION: The Blue Skies team: Head of Fundraising Ann Hedley with Lauren Codling, Hazel Preston and Nicci Hayes