GP practices and some pharmacies in Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre will be closed this Bank Holiday Monday.
For those needing medical advice over the bank holiday the best options are either the pharmacies that are open or NHS 111 online at www.111.nhs.uk or by calling 111 on your phone. Trained operators will direct you to the best service for your need including speaking with a GP. If you need to go to one of the Urgent treatment centres in Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, and Dock Street, Fleetwood, or to A&E NHS 111 will give you a timeslot appointment to help manage the flow of patients and avoid long waiting times.
Dr Neil Hartley-Smith, a Blackpool GP and clinical director for NHS Blackpool and NHS Fylde and Wyre Clinical Commissioning Groups, said: “There are still lots of services available for people on the Fylde Coast to use even though GP practices will be closed on Monday.
“Please avoid the Blackpool Victoria Hospital A&E department unless your condition is life-threatening. The best thing to do is call 111 as they may be able to book you an appointment at the appropriate service, which means you won’t have to sit and wait for long periods of time.
“For anything minor, your nearest pharmacist is a great place for health advice and treatment.”
Pharmacies that will be open include:
- Whitegate Health Centre, Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, 8am to 9pm
- Morrisons, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, 9am to 6pm
- Tesco, Clifton Retail Park, Clifton Road, Blackpool 9am to 6pm
- Boots, Victoria Road, Cleveleys, 10am to 4pm
- Morrisons, Amounderness Way, Thornton-Cleveleys, 10am to 4pm
- Asda, Dock Street, Fleetwood, 9am to 6pm
- Boots, St Annes Road West, 11am to 4pm
- Boots, 66 Clifton Street, Lytham St Annes, 11am to 4pm