This workshop is delivered by EYFS Consultants from Lancashire County Council.
- To clarify the importance of developing an understanding of early communication and language
- To explore the role of the adult in developing young children’s language
- To discuss strategies which support children in developing their communication and language
- What is communication and language used for?
- Review of different types of language; Social, Functional the purpose, the use, adult role embedded in discussion
- What is communication; identification of early stages of communication and language development
- Aspects of language; EYFS; Listening and attention, Understanding and Speaking ; How does it develop and strategies to develop
- Tips for English as additional language learners
- SLCN definition – knowing when to seek additional help – strategies to support; difficult to understand, reluctant talkers
- Top Tips for parents
- Where to go for further information