More than 100 CT Radiographers from across the UK attended the Blackpool CT Study Day at the Imperial Hotel with excellent feedback.
The event was an educational event for CT radiographers with a series of talks from experts in the field including Trust staff.
The speakers and topics were:
- Jennifer Unsworth – CT Clinical Imaging Manger – Blackpool: “The challenges of running a modern CT department – my experience”
- Chee Liew – Consultant Radiologist – Blackpool: Cardiac CT
- Thomas Welton – CT radiographer / Clinical Tutor – Lancashire Teaching Hospitals: Advances in CT Angiography
- Nirmali Dutta – Consultant Radiologist – Blackpool: “Gynaecological Malignancies”
- Lee Unsworth – CT Lead Radiographer – Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust: “CT of the IVDU patient, the challenges, pitfalls and common pathologies”
- Ben Ward – CT Lead Radiographer – Blackpool: “Setting up a radiographer led Cardiac CT service”
- Amy-Lee Brookes – Lead post Mortem Radiographer – Lancashire Teaching Hospitals: Post Mortem CT
The event was organised by Jennifer Unsworth and sponsored by Guerbet who supply contrast media to the Trust.
Jennifer said: “The idea behind the event started more than a year ago.
“I felt that there was a lack of accessible CT educational events in the region and Guerbet said they would be happy to sponsor an event in Blackpool if I was interested in working with them to organise one.
“We are grateful to everyone who spoke at the event and were totally overwhelmed by the support it received. It was a huge success and we are already in talks about arranging a follow up event next year.’’