Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has many different services and people you may see who can help you to stay as happy and as healthy as possible, these services cover, Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre and also services in Morecambe, Lancaster and Carnforth.
In this section you can read a profile for many of these services for children and young people, learn more about the team and how to get help from them.
These pages have been made as part of our ‘Local Offer’ this means that we let you know about what help is available for you or your family.
You should also find information about where they are based and important things such as what facilities they have.
If you’re worried about your health you should always visit your GP (the Doctor you are registered with), a School Nurse in school time or call 111. You should only call 999 if it’s an emergency.
The Community Equipment Service is a support service which procures, delivers, collects and recycles items of equipment which have been prescribed by a Therapist.
The service is operated by:
|Where are we?||Lancaster, Fylde & Wyre
|Availability||Monday to Friday||Contact Us||Lancaster
01254 66 88 99
We provide care for children and young people up to 16 years of age.
Our core inpatient provision is located at Victoria Hospital, with 25 beds (including four high dependency beds and seven adolescent beds).
In addition we have:
- A children’s day case surgery facility on the Day Case unit at Victoria Hospital every Thursday
- Children’s outpatient provision across the catchment area, and some outreach clinics to the boundaries of our catchment (e.g Garstang, Lytham, Fleetwood and Kirkham). We also host clinics within our Children’s Clinic area for other specialties outside of general paediatrics and for visiting Consultants from children’s hospitals, as it is recognised that this environment is the most appropriate for children
- Children’s assessment area with four cubicles, three beds and a waiting/play area.
Our acute service also includes sub-specialist Children’s Services for a range of complex and chronic needs, including
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Haematology/ Oncology (as part of shared care arrangements with Manchester Children’s Hospital)
- Complex needs
- Respiratory care
- Neurodisability and developmental delay
- Safeguarding Children.
If you child has any specific anxiety difficulties when accessing health service, please contact the number below so that we can try and put measures in place to reduce these ahead of any appointments.
Address and contact details:
|Where are we?||Child Health Services at Children’s Clinic,
Women and Children’s Unit,
Whinney Heys Road,
|Availability||Monday to Friday||Contact Us||01253 955365