CAMHS coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources:
You may find the following resources useful that have been tailored to the current coronavirus situation:
We are the child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) for Blackpool. We accept referrals for children and young people up to the age of 18 who are experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems.
Both you and your teachers, health care professionals and youth or social workers can get in touch with us so we can help you. There is also a primary mental health worker (PMHW) Drop In you can access every Monday, without having an appointment.
The service is made up of professionals from a range of disciplines including consultant child and adolescent psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, psychologists, counsellors, support staff and an admin team.
The service offers a range of assessments and therapeutic interventions including 1:1 work, family therapy and group work.
There are many ways you can access help and support for your Emotional and Mental Health.
- PMHW offer a ‘no appointment necessary’ drop-in every Monday * (Venues subject to change, please always check poster or call)
- PMHWs are connected to every Blackpool school and GP surgery, you can ask them to contact us for help.
- You can call freephone 0800 121 7762, OPTION 1 and ask to speak to your care coordinator or the CAMHS DUTY practitioner.
- Referrals are screened every day from practitioners from each of the teams under Options4CYP. This includes CAMHS, CYWP, Children’s Psychological Services, Youtherapy and CASHER.
- Referrals are accepted by professionals working alongside you.
- There is now the option to self refer Healthier Lancs and South Cumbria: Blackpool CAMHS self-referral (healthyyoungmindslsc.co.uk) Please complete this form with as much information as possible, to help you get the help you need.
- You can also access the following websites: Healthier Lancs and South Cumbria :: Information for children and young people (healthyyoungmindslsc.co.uk) or https://www.youngminds.org.uk/
- There is also a great leaflet attached to this webpage you can use freely to download resources on your phone to help your emotional health and wellbeing.
|Where are we?||Whitegate Drive Health Centre,
150 Whitegate Drive,
Lancashire, FY3 9ES.
If you are a patient, parent or
|Availability||Monday to Friday
9am – 5pm
If you need help with British Sign Language or translation, the team can arrange help through a translator or note taker.
Explore support and services in the Fylde coast area: https://www.fyidirectory.co.uk/health