We are the child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) for Blackpool. We accept referrals for children and young people up to the age of 18 who are experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems.
Both you and your teachers, health care professionals and youth or social workers can get in touch with us so we can help you. There are also two Primary Mental Health Worker (PMHW) Drop Ins you can access weekly, without having an appointment.
The service is made up of professionals from a range of disciplines including consultant child and adolescent psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, psychologists, counsellors, support staff and an admin team.
The service offers a range of assessments and therapeutic interventions including 1:1 work, family therapy and group work.
Virtual tour of the service
There are many ways you can access help and support for your Emotional and Mental Health.
- PMHW offer a ‘no appointment necessary’ drop-in every Monday at Westminster Academy 2-4:30pm. PMHW Drop In’s are also accessible by the Family Hubs throughout the town within the week. (Times can differ during half terms, please always call or go to Primary Mental Health Worker – FYi Directory)
- PMHWs are connected to every Blackpool school and GP surgery, you can ask them to contact us for help.
- If you are open to CAMHS you can call freephone 0800 121 7762, OPTION 1 and ask for your care coordinator. If you are in need of immediate help and support regarding your mental health press OPTION 2 for CASHER at any time of the week / weekend.
- Referrals are accepted by professionals working alongside you. All referrals are screened every day with practitioners from each of the teams under Options4CYP. This includes PMHW, Children Young people Wellbeing Practitioners (CYWP), CAMHS, Children’s Psychological Services (CPS), Youtherapy and CASHER.
- There is now the option to self refer Healthier Lancs and South Cumbria: Blackpool CAMHS self-referral (healthyyoungmindslsc.co.uk) Please complete this form with as much information as possible, to help you get the help you need
- You can also access the following websites: Healthier Lancs and South Cumbria :: Information for children and young people (healthyyoungmindslsc.co.uk) or https://www.youngminds.org.uk/
|Where are we?
|Whitegate Drive Health Centre,
150 Whitegate Drive,
Lancashire, FY3 9ES.
|0800 121 7762
Option 1 CAMHS
Option 2 CASHER
Option 3 YoutherapY,
Option 4 MHSTWe are on Instagram:
|Monday to Friday
9am – 5pm
If you need help with British Sign Language or translation, the team can arrange help through a translator or note taker.
For Safeguarding and Child Protection please call 01253 477299