Get involved in the Dragon Boat Festival – More details
Celebrate the NHS turning 75 with our walk for wards event – More details
Why we need your help
Blue Skies Hospitals Fund is the only charity dedicated to enhancing patient care for Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
We are enormously grateful for any support we receive, whether it is a financial donation, helping to raise awareness of our work, planning a fundraising event or sponsored activity in the community, providing gifts in kind or volunteering your time.
Your support will help us to:
- Enhance the abilities of medical staff through education and training
- Procure the latest medical equipment to diagnose patients rapidly and accurately
- Develop medical research breakthroughs that will benefit future patients
- Improve the environments where our patients and visitors are cared for and where our staff and volunteers are located
Why isn’t mainstream NHS funding enough?
All healthcare services are funded from central government taxes, and our Trust tries to provide the highest level of service to our patients from the government funding we receive. However, there are always ways the excellence of treatment and the quality of care we provide can be enhanced even further.
Donations made to our hospitals through Blue Skies Hospitals Fund, often in thanks for their care or treatment, complement the level of care offered using NHS funding, and enable us to offer continual developments in medical resources.
- Covid-19 Appeal: Click here for the donation page, or here for the Amazon Wish List
- Love your local NHS Valentines Day Appeal